Re: [8023-10GEPON] Simplex PMD slides

Wael,

Thanks. I agree with your remarks about being consistent with
preexisting conventions.

In this presentation I tried to stay clear of the naming discussion
because naming would ultimately depend on whether we go forward with
simplex PMD or with a traditional PMD definition.

1GBASE is used only in a context of asymmetric line rate, i.e.,
"10/1GBASE". An alternative way to specify asymmetric rates would be to
write "10G/1000BASE", which I didn't use simply because it is longer.

The notation "10/1GBASE" is used in this presentation only and has not
been fully discussed or approved by the TF.

Where I refer to existing EPON PMDs, I use existing names, such as
1000BASE-PX.

Glen

PMD