Re: [8023-10GEPON] Updated optical power budget presentation

Dear Frank,

Thank you for compiling the proposal.
In your Power Budget table, you have defined the Extinction
Ratio of 9 dB. For the downstream, it is OK assuming EML TX in
OLT. But for upstream, a direct modulation DFB TX in ONU is
assumed and ER would be worse than the EML, down to 6 dB.

I think the power budget table should have ER column, which
indicates each ER 9dB for Downstream and 6dB for Upstream in
it.

With that change, I would like to be a supporter of your
presentation.
I hope the power budget will be smoothly approved in the next
Atlanta meeting.

Sincerely,
Motoyuki Takizawa

--