[8023-10GEPON] 10GEPON Jitter Budgets : Ad-Hoc Group

All,

Further to our discussion on the subject of  electrical and optical domain jitter budgets in Atlanta meeting, I would like to announce the formation of an ad-hoc group  “10GEPON Jitter Budget” to collect opinions from the experts from semiconductor and optical components as well as equipment designers.

Central idea is to generate jitter specifications in a format similar to Table 60-10 and 60-11 of IEEE802.3ah  It was evident from the Straw poll the majority of task force members support the idea generating such specifications.

I suggest we divide the discussions into two areas – a) continuous mode operation of down stream and b) up stream burst mode operation.

 Haim Ben-Amram is going to initiate discussions regarding 10G  burst rate receiver timing very shortly.

Regards,

Vijay Pathak

Kawasaki Microelectronics America

San Jose,Ca 95131