[8023-10GEPON] Planning for April Interim meeting

Dear Colleagues,

At the January meeting the task force has passed the following motion:
-------------------------------------
The 802.3av TF chair shall explore a
possibility of organizing interim TF
meeting on April 14-15, 2008 in Tokyo.
-------------------------------------

The date and location was chosen to place our meeting adjacent to FSAN/ITU-TSG15 meeting that was to take place in Tokyo on April 15-18. It came to my attention now that the actual days of FSAN meeting are April 14th to 18th (14th is operator's only meeting, but April 15th will be in conflict with our meeting).  FSAN management found it impossible to shorten their meeting.

Trying to schedule our meeting after the FSAN meeting (April 21-22) will leave us only 19 days to our May meeting in Munich. It would be very difficult to produce a new draft and complete a draft commenting cycle in such short time. There is the same issue if we move to the previous week (April 10-11) - we would have only 20 days between March and April meetings.

This leaves us with the following options:

1) Keep the P802.3av TF meeting dates as established earlier (April 14th and 15th) and accept the fact that we will lose a number of attendees to FSAN meeting.

2) Start our meeting one day earlier - on Sunday and meet April 13th and 14th.

NTT Access Lab has agreed to host this meeting and we need to provide our preferred dates very quickly (there also seems to be a shortage of convention space in Tokyo on Tuesday, April 15th). To help me make a decision, please respond to all questions below:

a) I will attend 802.3av interim meeting if scheduled on Sunday, April 13th:

b) I will attend 802.3av interim meeting if scheduled on Monday, April 14th:

c) I will attend 802.3av interim meeting if scheduled on Tuesday, April 15th:

Please, send your responses to me directly. I will collect responses until end of Friday, February 8th, US Pacific time.

Thank you,
Glen