[8023-10GEPON] Ericsson paper on power saving in GPON

Dear Colleagues,

Last week I attended the 13th European Conference on Networks and Optical Communications where an interesting paper comparing sleep modes to power shedding in GPON was presented. I think it might be useful to review the authors' conclusions before our discussion on power saving in EPON.

I have authors' permission to distribute this paper to 802.3av task force.

Best regards,
Lowell Lamb