[10GMMF] channel models based on measured DMD

All,

Several questions were raised in Vancouver about possible issues with using
measured fiber DMD data to model the installed based as presented in
balemarthy_1_0105.  I had to miss Wednesday in Atlanta, but I also
understand that similar questions were raised during John Abbott's
presentation.

During the Atlanta meeting, Piers uploaded a presentation addressing
questions raised by Nick Weiner and Jon King in Vancouver on this subject
at:

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/aq/public/upload/Validate1998OFSfiberse
t.pdf

I would appreciate comments and feedback on that.

Robert

Robert Lingle, Jr, Manager
Fiber Design and Transmission Simulation
OFS R&D, Atlanta, GA