RE: Why not have both?

Ed:

The 9.584640 Gbps rate comes from the payload rate of a SDH VC-4-64c
channel which has 1 column of Path and 63 columns of fixed overhead. The
OC-192c rate is slightly larger at 9.620928 since it does not use the fixed
overheads.

The calculation for these numbers in available in my Montreal presentation.
The data bytes available in a SDH VC-4-64c frame are 16,640 bytes/row by 9
rows. We agree on the Baud rate at 9.953280 Gbps and the SPE rate at
9.621504 Gbps.

Paul

At 04:50 PM 9/15/99 -0400, Edward Chang wrote:
>Paul Bottorff:
>
>Would you mind answer Dae Young Kim's question?  The similar question was
>asked before, and I believe, you handled that question.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Ed Chang
>NetWorth Technologies, Inc.
>EChang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Paul A. Bottorff, Director Switching Architecture
Enterprise Solutions Technology Center
Nortel Networks, Inc.
4401 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, CA 95052-8185
Tel: 408 495 3365 Fax: 408 495 1299 ESN: 265 3365
email: pbottorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx