RE: WAN PHY name

Mike,

You want to use an acronym for an Ethernet component? What are you
thinking!?  :-)

Actually, this could be kind of fun. Besides SI-PHY, we could also have the
Ethernet-Sonet-CONection PHY. :-)

As you can tell, I'm in kind of a "Punch and Judy" mood today.

It's a good idea.

EXR PHY doesn't work since again doesn't inherently differentiate between
the 40 km LAN PHY and the 40 m WAN PHY.
ECON PHY is pretty cool. I don't know about ECONE. Hey, how about Ethernet
Going After Distance? Darn, I'm doing it again. :-)

jonathan