Skip operation

Boaz,

The worst case XAUI lane-to-lane skew is 39 bits. Randomizing the /A/ spacing to
reduce the EMI of the Idle/IPG pattern still preserves a minimum Skip (/A/)
column spacing of 160 bits. A 160-bit Skip spacing supports the deskew of up to
160/2 = 80 bits. Given that some Skips may be removed by link elements, the
160-bit minimum spacing is more than adequate to handle the worst case XAUI
lane-to-lane skew.

I didn't want to confuse the issue further in our correspondence by including
the EMI reduction method which randomizes Skip spacing. However, it should be
clear that the MINIMUM 160-bit Skip spacing is not compromized.

Best Regards,
Rich

--

--

Best Regards,
Rich

Richard Taborek Sr.                 Phone: 408-845-6102
Chief Technology Officer             Cell: 408-832-3957
nSerial Corporation                   Fax: 408-845-6114
2500-5 Augustine Dr.        mailto:rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxxx
Santa Clara, CA 95054            http://www.nSerial.com