RE: Objectives Revisited

Chris:

We all agree the basic requirements all along.  We all like to resolve the issue with right solutions.

The 5-PMD will satisfy all issues been addressed by most of us. 3-PMD is kind of short to satisfy all requirements.
Due to the complexity of the issues, the consensus did not come so easily.

I believe, if we continue to address the VSR, 100 meter, 300 meter requirements, all of us will appreciate more the needs of 5-PMDs.

You may be able to keep helping us adopt sufficient PMDs which will meet the requirement as listed from a major users like yourself to ,

YOUR REQUIREMENT:

Potential 10 Gb/s Ethernet customers addressing the committee have voiced strong
support for inclusion of a low-cost short-reach fiber objective to address the application space
of the Internet Data Center, the Equipment Room and the Central Office.

Regards,

Edward S. Chang
NetWorth Technologies, Inc.
EChang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx