Start checking

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Clause 48 has a mandate to check packet delimiters per agreement in
Tampa. Clause 48 currently specifies Start as a single code-group in
lane 0 but does not check the data bytes in lanes 1 through 3. As editor
I'm going to leave it like this because I haven't had any comments to
date on it.

The other obvious possible check to do is to check lanes 1 through 3 for
the corresponding preamble bytes.

If anyone can think of a good reason to change the way it is I'd like to
hear it. Historically, 1000BASE-X had a similar "hair-trigger" for Start
so I believe that checking only for Start in lane 0 is adequate.

--

Best Regards,
Rich

Richard Taborek Sr.                 Phone: 408-845-6102
Chief Technology Officer             Cell: 408-832-3957
nSerial Corporation                   Fax: 408-845-6114
2500-5 Augustine Dr.        mailto:rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxxx
Santa Clara, CA 95054            http://www.nSerial.com