RE: Management PMA/PMD registers for XAUI

Ed Turner,

I reviewed the bit assignments in the current PMA/PMD control/
status registers for applicability to each sublayer and submit
the evaluation for your review.

As you can see, there are both a number of common and a number of
non-common variables. The change would require adding a new subclause
to for the PMA to clause 45 (most of it can be duplicated from the
existing 45.2.1) and I am willing to generate the necessary comments
to cover the changes.

Changes to the other clauses will generally be limited to clause 45
references (which should be automatic).

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Bill