RE: XGMII or SPI-4 ?

Hi Wang,

None of these things are written on stone.  With more and more ASICs coming
on the back end (Fabric side), it is becoming difficult to say where the PHY
is. SPI-4 is very much usefull on fabric interface and there are
similar PHY devices as they are on medium side. Moreover one could always
design PHY (please note that XAUI, XGMII both are optional) which could
talk on SPI-4 interface to MAC.

Regards,
Devendra Tripathi
VidyaWeb Inc.