RE: what is a "valid SOH"?

Hello Frank
   Here are my comments about the "valid SOH "
In order to detect " Line AIS in a STS-N signal" bit 6,7,and 8 of K2 is
processed for value "111". In order to find the K2 byte in WIS frame the
frame allignment should be performed first.We need not to check whole 192 A1
and 192 A2 bytes of STS-192 frame.

Here is some other SONET standard cross reference for frame allignment and
related alarm detection criteria.

GR-253-CORE specify the conditions for preventing the false receive out of
frame detection against bit errors.
Severe errors frame defect is not detected more than an average of once
every 6 minutes with BER of rate 10^-3. Refer to section 5.5 R5-224 of
GR-253-CORE
The probability for False frame recovery from OOF should be no more than 10
^-5 per 2 frames as per ETS 300 417-2-1.

In order to meet this criteria, We need to search for sub-set of A1 and A2
bytes for frame alignment. Once we have frame synchronization the other
overhead bytes are valid  "valid SOH"

Please let me know if there is any feedback.

Thanks
Pankaj