Re: End of Frame.

Satya,

The first frame will be dropped because no valid End of Frame is
detected, and, barring any other errors between the two frames, the IPG
will terminate the first packet. The second frame should be received
correctly, barring any other errors in the IPG and that frame. This
should be the case regardless of PHY type.

Best Regards,
Rich

--

satya wrote:

> hi,
>
> I have gone through the Ethernet protocol.
>
> I have a question regarding the End of Frame in 10G protocol.
>
> Question
> If MAC receives first frame with all fields correct
>
> except the TERMINATE byte "FD". Instead i
>
> send any other byte.
>
> The Second frame is a correct frame without errors.
> All fields are correct including "FD".
> NOW WHAT SHOULD BE THE MAC DOING
>
> 1. drop both frames.
> 2. drop only first frame and take in second frame
>
> detail explanation will be more useful
>
> Thanks for u information.
> bye
> satya
>
> --
> M.Satya Babu,
> Design Engineer,
> Chip Engines,
> Ashoka Boopal Chambers,
> Hyderabad
> Andhra Pradesh
>
> PHNo:- 040-7721642 040-7720885
> email :- satya_m@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Richard Taborek Sr.                     Intel Corporation
XAUI Sherpa                    Intel Communications Group
3101 Jay Street, Suite 110         Optical Products Group
Santa Clara, CA 95054           Santa Clara Design Center
408-496-3423                                     JAY1-101
Cell: 408-832-3957          mailto:rich.taborek@xxxxxxxxx
Fax: 408-486-9783                    http://www.intel.com