Re: [802.3ae] a bit concerned...

Rich,

1. The WAN PHY PMDs are esentually done because of the similarity to the
SONET OC192.

2. There is no way that a 10.3 Gb/s signaling can not be more demanding
than 9.9 Gb/s signaling.

3. Do not inter-mix OTN and ASON.  Do not lump me into the telephony heads
that are trying to re-create a redundant overhead for SONET and SDH.  I am
not a supporter of OTN or the Digital Wrapper and never have been.  I do
not see the need for DW technology except for submarine cable systems.  The
existing SONET and SDH technologies are doing a good job now and do not
need to be replaced.  As for 10GbE LAN PHY is the strongest contender for
10G MAN/metro applications, it depends on whether it is implemented by an
enterprise user or a service provider.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum