Re: [802.3ae] A question about D3.4/ 47, 48

Boaz,
	Once the data is transmitted it is not going to pick up sinusodial
jitter, it will only pick up noise which is high frequency jitter.  The
sinusiodal jitter comes from the clock source generating the data.
Since it is assumed that all four lanes, 0-3, are derived from the same
clock source they will have the same sinusiodal jitter.  Thier phase
might be different by the skew in the channel, their instantaneous
frequency difference due to low frequency sinusiodal jitter will be the
same.  Therefore, the 8.5UI of 22KHz sinusiodal jitter doesn't figure
into the deskew budget.
	Also the specified skew that the deskew circuits has to handle is 41UI
but the amount of skew allowed by the ||A|| placement is 80UI, so there
is lots of margin in the skew budgets.

Howard Baumer

Boaz Shahar wrote:

> Rich,

begin:vcard
n:Baumer;Howard
tel;work:(949)450-8700 x1817
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Broadcom Corp.
adr:;;16251 Laguna Canyon Road;Irvine;California;92618;
version:2.1
email;internet:hbaumer@xxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Engineering Networking
x-mozilla-cpt:;-1