Re: 8B/10B code patterns.

Benny - does this help, or do you want something else? If needed, the lookup tables can be built in the "other direction".

The first tab lists +/-10B characters and their binary and 8B equivalents.
The right tab can be used to build a pattern. Simply list out the 10B D characters and copy down the other columns to fill in the rest of the data. The 10B Hex column can be re-written if you need a different form for BERT loading.

Tom Lindsay
Vixel
425/806-4074

"Christensen, Benny" wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Can anyone provide reference/generate to hexcode ASCII file dump for the
> 8B/10B coded test patterns (i.e. CJTPAT and the other GE specified
> patterns), so that I can program/download it by my PC into our HP BERT
> pattern memory (max. 8 Mbit).
>
> The BERT has all the PRBS patterns, but one needs to program other
> user-patterns. I allready have the SDH A1A2 frame + PRBS +  CID test
> pattern.
>
> I need the 16 bit hexvalues (words)(ie. like 0x5A,  NOT the characters like
> K28.2 etc.). Please also specify msb/lsb / which bit sent first.
>
> Benny
>   llllllll   ii     llllllll     llllll
> ll                ll           ll      ll
> ll    llll   ll   ll    llll   llllllllll
> ll      ll   ll   ll      ll   ll      ll
>   llllllll   ll     llllllll   ll      ll
>
> GIGA, an Intel company
> Benny Christensen, M.Sc.E.E, Ph.D.
> Mileparken 22, DK-2740 Skovlunde, Denmark
> Tel: +45 7010 1062, Fax: +45 7010 1063
> e-mail: benny.christensen@xxxxxxxxx, http://www.giga.dk

8B10B analysis for XAUI.xls