Let's get started

Hello to all,

I'm sorry for the late start but I had a few things to take
care of when I got back this week. This discussion pertains
to the kick-off of the Jitter Test Pattern Ad-Hoc. I'm going
to start off by asking everyone to put a few things on the
table to get the discussion started. They are:

What do you think are the most important features of a jitter
test pattern?

Is it possible to run this ad-hoc solely via email or do we
need weekly phone calls?

What times would you be available for phone calls? Please
include time zones since I won't know where you all are
dialing in from.

Please let me know if you intend to participate in the
phone calls so, if they are warranted, I can determine
how many ports I'll need.

Our first order of business should be to prioritize the lists
of features you all respond with. I'm not looking for solutions
just yet, I'd like to define the problem first and set some
goals for how to solve it. If we don't do this first, we'll
never really know when we're done.

I don't pretend to know the answers and this is the first
time I've tried to coordinate something like this. Please
bear with me as I get my education and hopefully we'll come
out of this with some results to be proud of.

Thanks,
Ben Brown
Chair, Jitter Test Pattern Ad-Hoc
Chair, P802.3ae Logic Track