From: DAWE,PIERS (A-England,ex1)
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 5:14 AM
To: '802.3ae Serial'; 'Jscquake@xxxxxxx'; 'Eric Grann'; 'David Kabal
(Picolight)'
Cc: THALER,PAT (A-Roseville,ex1)
Subject: Serial PMA/PMD delay limits

Serial PMD-ers,

You may not have noticed a criterion for the PMA or PMD hiding in clause 44,
which isn't helpful!

We need to air this (delay maximum) in the PMD tracks and add
cross-references in clauses 51, 52 and 54.

As to table 44-2, saying that "Serial PMD ... Includes serial PMA and PMD,
..." is wrong, surely?  Should that read "Serial PHY ... Includes serial PMA
and PMD, ..." ?

Piers