RE: SJTP: Minutes from 08-May meeting

Ben,

Hi.  Having only scanned minutes, I hate to sound ignorant.  However, I was
wondering if there was really a need to have the source modulated during the
encircled flux measurements as implied in your slide 3.

TIA 2.2.1 never did any experimentation with modulation of the transceivers
during our development process.  I have done some tests myself which says
that the difference if any is hard to detect.  Not being a manufacturer of
transceivers and lacking that expertise, I will concede if the experts say
that it is necessary.  However, I am reluctant to add a requirement if it is
really only being included as a nice to have.

mike