From serial PMD call, 15 May

Discussion of proposed deletion of risetime spec. line for 1310 serial
We inherited this from Fibre Channel.  SONET don't have it.  Fibre Channel
have discussed removing it, without strong views either way.  Piers with
help from Petar and support from others will present how we can live without
it.

Chromatic dispersion penalty
----------------------------
Our modelled number is unrealistic for two reasons:
	Spectral width is likely much less than the 0.4 nm model number
	Dispersion penalty is worked out for an incoherent source and ours
is coherent.  In Petar's terms, we are using a power model and we should be
using a field model.
Luckily these two effects would move the error in opposite directions and we
are discussing a penalty of only ~0.5 dB.  This is thought to be
pessimistic.

Comments on Draft 3.0
---------------------
We had more reviewers than last time which is good.  Clause 52 has collected
about 200 comments including 34 TRs.

Next meeting
There will be no meeting on 22 May.  Will likely restart at the usual time
on 29 May:
	15:15 GMT = 4:15 pm BST = 17:15 CET = 11:15 am EDT = 8:15 am PDT,
Tuesday (today)
	+1(816)650-0631  Access code 39209
Piers