[802.3ae_Serial] 850nm eye mask and draft link model

Tomorrow, we hope to discuss an alternative eye mask for 850 nm serial.
Here is a straw man to focus the discussion in tomorrow's serial PMD call:
Please consider the scaled OC-12 mask which is a little more demanding than
the 10GE mask but not as much as the 1 GE mask.

     	| X1 	| X2 	| Y1 	|
10GE 	|0.3 	|0.4 	|0.25	|
OC-12	|0.25	|0.4 	|0.2 	|
1GE  	|0.22	|0.375|0.2 	|
The significant difference is that the OC-12 mask is 60% of the height of
the eye instead of 50%.  This forces faster risetime and/or lower jitter at
the transmitter, to allow for distortion from the multimode fibre.  (The
OC-1/3 mask is intermediate between OC-12 and 1GE.)

I have been updating the link model with a view to assisting the choice of
an eye mask for 850 nm serial.  The current file is too big to go through
the reflector.  There is a temporary file at
http://www.ieee802.org/3/ae/public/adhoc/serial_pmd/documents/10GPBud_tmp010
622a.xls but it only has a 1310 nm page.  I have a draft 850 nm page which I
can mail tomorrow to anyone attending tomorrow's meeting, or one can input
the 850 nm parameters to this temporary file.

Meeting coordinates at the bottom of the message below:

Piers