AW: [802.3ae_Serial] Issue with 1500 Power

Thanks for this clarification,
but if this is the case readers of this who was not present when generating
those figures should be informed that this "Eye closure penalty" needs to be
added to sensitivity. As written in the current version I must tell you that
nobody will understand this.
So now after getting the numbers right I have to ask where one can get such
receiver under reasonable conditions. From what our experience is, we are at
the upper limit of sensitivity distribution of receivers that you can get
today (As PIN implementation), the rest of the spec however makes (much more
expensive) APD very difficult to be used also. This means there will be an
extremely low yield of compliant receivers today and we have to wait for new
technology (will this be cheaper), or need to do something else on the power
budget e.g. using the underlying values as defined in the telecom's world in
G.691. This should a viable option as the infrastructure (40 km interoffice
single mode fibre cable) will be the same as the traditional telecom's
infrastructure. In this case we have 11 dB, which should be feasible with
the stated transmitter values and available receivers.
Regards Juergen