AW: AW: [802.3ae_Serial] Issue with 1500 Power

Sorry,
 I am still confused.
You talk about ISI penalty now but this is stated at transmitter power
anyway and not quantified.
In the table it reads:
Launch power (min) in OMA minus TDP * -1.39 dBm
with a note:
* TDP is transmitter and dispersion penalty
up to now I interpreted that we have to consider the penalties and than
compensate the penalties by increasing the power (Whatever the penalties
are) First question is this a correct understanding?
If yes you will not have any advantage at the receiver when increasing the
power by the amount of penalty as a penalty represents the decrease in
sensitivity, so this should add up to zero.
(It comes to my mind that the - in this parameter suggests that the power
may be decreased by the penalties which would give trouble but this may be a
short editorial discussion)

If this understanding is correct let me make the calculation:
Simple case ideal transmitter no penalties :
Launch power (min) in OMA minus TDP * 		-1.39 dBm

Stressed receive sensitivity (max) in OMA ?, ? , §		 (-11.40)
(dBm)

I calculate an attenuation budget of about 10 dB out of this not 13db.
However there is a term in the receiver table  .
( I interpret max sensitivity here also as a minimum requirement, I don not
hope that this means the sensitivity should not be better than this value,
but this may be an editorial problem)
Vertical eye closure penalty ** (max) 3.0 dB
with a note
**Vertical eye closure penalty is a test condition for measuring stressed
receive sensitivity. It is not a required charac-teristic
of the receiver.
This note is a bit misleading for me, however I interpret this note in the
way that when measuring stressed sensitivity there has to be used a signal
that has 3 dB penalty, what means that for a signal that does not show this
penalty  ( as assumed at the transmitter in this consideration)  we can add
this to the sensitivity. Is this the ISI penalty you mention? In this case
we really at the end coming out with 13 dB budget.
Calculation would look like:
transmitter OMA min	 				  -1.39	dBm
receiver sensitivity (OMA)		 -11.40	dBm
 + receiver test signal penalty	           	    3.0	dB
Total )penalty free signal) sensitivity in OMA		 -14.4	dBm
attenuation budget	   				   13.01	dB

So can you confirm this understanding ?
If not would it be possible to set up a similar calculation like this and
clarify.

If this understanding is correct than we have 14.4 dBm sensitivity
requirement in OMA and this for instance get it comparable to transponders
you can by translates (being optimistic into average power sensitivity of :
- 14.4 dBm OMA will give -17.4 dBm ideal ER sensitivity or -16 dBm (average
power sensitivity) at ER of 8.2 dB as used in ITU. This is 2 dB harder as
ITU and represents the BOL typical value that you get  for such components.
For an interface spec we however require EOL worst case!
For my understanding this is not realistic today and if done will be
expensive.

Regards Juergen Rahn