Re: AW: [802.3ae_Serial] Issue with 1500 Power

A further attempt to clarify this.
The 3dB difference is the ISI penalty that is imposed when performing the
stressed receiver sensitivity test which corresponds to the maximum value of the
Transmitter and Dispersion Penalty of the Transmitter.  If one has a transmitter
that produces this amount of penalty then one has to increase the output power
by 3dB.  Hence the 13dB is attained.
Regards Mike