[802.3ae_Serial] SJTP: ad-hoc on standby

All,

Piers and I had a short email conversation regarding the
future of the SJTP ad-hoc. Right now, we've accomplished
about all we can. The PMD-ers and PMA-ers need to spend
some time testing the LAN and WAN patterns and commenting
on the choices of seed/data input for LAN and J1 value for
WAN (which I don't think we actually specified).

Until we hear some feedback that says we need to find
some new seeds provided a different set of requirements,
I see no reason to continue with conference calls. If
someone feels differently, feel free to comment. Though
the request for seeds can probably be handled via email,
if a discussion is required regarding why these don't
work and what new ones are necessary, I'll be happy to
sponsor more conference calls.

Regarding the J1 value, I'll leave it to the PMD-ers and
PMA-ers to provide a choice which stress the CIDs
appropriately (after scrambling). I believe we decided to
use a WAN PRBS starting point of all ONEs. Given that
this pattern begins 65 bytes into the SONET scrambler
and after the CID, the starting point is unlikely to
be critical.

If there is anything anyone needs to get their testing
started, please send an email to this reflector. I'll be
sitting in the background listening for comments.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this effort!

Regards,
Ben

--
Benjamin Brown