[802.3ae_Serial] PMD Feasibility Demonstration Test Equipment Offer

Title: PMD Feasibility Demonstration Test Equipment Offer

To All,

Spirent Communications would like to offer to host the PMD Interoperability tests on our facility in Calabasas, CA. for the SERIAL LAN PHY R Family (850nm, 1310nm, 1550nm) and 1310nm WWDM.  The Spirent facility has a large secure lab area with various business media communications systems, network support, electrical, and we can provide the appropriate neutrality and technical support to all participants.

Spirent will provide up to:
- 4 of our chassis
- 8 of our 10 GbE cards
- The engineering support to integrate the compatible PMD's onto the cards
- Provide frimware, scripting and applications software support to perform layer 2 (frame level) tests.

Please see attached test proposal for the Serial LAN PHY Family.

<<PMD_Feasibility1.doc>>

Rick Rabinovich

Rick Rabinovich
Hardware Director