RE: [802.3ae_Serial] Jitter measurements and calibration

Peter -

Unfortunately, I cannot assuage your worries. Having extensively fought
jitter measurements at 1G & 2G Fibre channel, the ability to make these
measurements at 10G greatly concerns me. However, I am pleased to have
Agilent T&M getting involved, and I hope other T&M companies will also
get more involved.

I have raised a very similar list of issues to the jitter group at the
Fibre channel meetings this week (our combined list would be bigger). I
am hoping they will take some of this on, although I am not sure how
timely it can be.

I think the ability to make (or show a path to make) measurements should
be a part of feasibility demonstration. Fundamentally, we should not
specify parameters that we cannot measure.

My personal struggle is that I don't know what else to do or offer...
Other than all this, I think the general spec methodology is good!

Tom