Re: [802.3ae_Serial] Consistent treatment of sensitivities and margins

Hi all,

going quickly through the note, I noticed that the RIN and reflection
penalty are categorized as impairments not included in the shape of the
stressful eye. While it is true that the shape does not include the RIN and
the reflection penalty, the system will have some amount of both RIN and
reflection penalty. In the calculation of the stressed receive sensitivity
those should be taken into account, as the test laser may have smaller or
larger RIN. The same applies for reflection penalty.  One can argue that
depending on the test pattern there will be or not some baseline wander.

I believe we need to clarify this and avoid confusion.

Peter

Petar Pepeljugoski
IBM Research
P.O.Box 218