RE: [802.3ae_Serial] - link model modification requests

Paul -

I apologize for not completely understanding your rationale. To attempt
clarification, I would like to 1st step back a few revisions (I think it
was in St. Louis) and recall how this began.

1. "Additional loss" was only for -S, since it is the only variant that
supports multiple PMDs.
2. Unallocated margin was hidden and deemed "not available" for adding
insertion loss or distance.
3. The values for Additional loss were derived by 1st determining which
PMD had the least unallocated margin and then subtracting that value
from the unallocated margins of the other PMDs. The PMD with the least
unallocated margin was 2000 MHz-km, so it got 0 dB of Additional loss.
4. In other words, "reserved margin", as you name it, was really the
unallocated margin for the PMD with the lowest value.

Is my recollection correct? Is this still what we are trying to do?

Tom