	Von:  piers_dawe@xxxxxxxxxxx [SMTP:piers_dawe@xxxxxxxxxxx]
	Gesendet:  Montag, 21. Januar 2002 17:48
	An:  stds-802-3-hssg-serialpmd@xxxxxxxx
	Betreff:  [802.3ae_Serial] Serial PMD call Tuesday - new test
methods

	There will be a PMD teleconference tomorrow at the usual time where
we will
	continue work on the alternative optical test methods discussed at
last
	week's face to face meeting.

	Briefly, these are:

	Replace jitter bathtub with:
		Longer lower eye mask to screen for high probability events,
and
		Transmitter and dispersion penalty measurement using
bit-error ratio
	tester to screen for low probability events.

	Simplify stressed receiver generation: simulate high probability
vertical
	and horizontal eye closure, and sinusoidal jitter, only.  Suggested
method
	of adding a PRBS and an interfering sine wave.

	I will try to get some notes to the reflector from last week's
meeting
	before tomorrow's, which will be at:

	Usual coordinates:
		4:15 pm GMT = 17:15 CET = 11:15 am EST = 8:15 am PST,
Tuesday
		+1(816)650-0631  Access code 39209

	Piers