RE: [802.3ae_Serial] Serial PMD call Tuesday

Hi All,
I have been following the discussions in this group only recently.

We see lot of  transponder vendors now offering variable data rate
transponders which can support  SONET, 10GBE LAN and WAN rates.
My question is what are the issues(optical or Physical layer) that will
come up when we try to interoperate a SONET 10G transponder with a pure
10GBE transponder.

I would appreciate if the group can respond to this clarification

Thankx
Rao Tatavarti. Ph.D
Ceyba Inc.,
450 March Road,