[802.3ae_Serial] February serial PMD interim meeting

The following information should be posted on the IEEE website soon, but in
light of the short time frame, I felt it was important to get some details
out as quickly as possible.

The interim meeting for the 802.3ae serial PMD group will be hosted by
Agilent Technologies Test and Measurement in Santa Rosa, California on
February 13 and 14.  (A second message regarding details of the open lab
testing Feb 11 and 12 at the identical site as the interim meeting will be
sent within a couple of days).

Best Regards,

Greg LeCheminant

Agilent Technologies Lightwave Division
M/S A1UA
3910 Brickway Boulevard
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
707-636-8013

(The following information is also included as a WORD doc attachment).

RECOMMENDED HOTEL:

Fountaingrove Inn
101 Fountaingrove Parkway, Santa Rosa, CA  95403
1-800-222-6101 or 707-578-6101

v MUST REFERENCE CONFERENCE NAME WHEN MAKING RESERVATIONS:  "IEEE Meeting"

v RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE BY FEBRUARY 1ST TO GUARANTEE ROOM AVAILABILITY
AND PRICE

· $95.00/per night + taxes (king bed or two queen beds)
· $129.00/per night + taxes (junior suite)
· Includes breakfast
· Smoking/non-smoking rooms available

TRANSPORTATION

We recommend renting a car from the San Francisco Airport or Oakland Airport
to Santa Rosa.  If this is not possible, the Sonoma County Airport Express
offers shuttle service from both airports.  They can be contacted at
1-800-327-2024 or 707-837-8700.  Visit their website at:
www.airportexpressinc.com/home.html.

DIRECTIONS FROM SAN FRANCISCO AIRPORT TO FOUNTAINGROVE INN
Take US 101 North to I-380 to I-280 North.  Take 19th Avenue Exit (toward
the Golden Gate Bride) off I-280.  Take 19th Avenue to the Golden Gate
Bridge, where the road again becomes US 101 North.  Continue on US 101 North
approximately 54 miles to the Mendocino/Old Redwood Highway exit in Santa
Rosa.  Turn right at the stoplight and immediately get into the left lane.
The Fountaingrove Inn is the first building on the left.

DIRECTIONS FROM OAKLAND AIRPORT TO FOUNTAINGROVE INN
Follow airport exit to I-880 North.   Follow I-880 North, then onto I-80 /
I-580 in the direction of San Francisco/Berkeley/Sacramento.  Follow I-80
East / I-580 toward Berkeley and then toward the Richmond/San Rafael Bridge
as I-580 splits from I-80.  Cross the Richmond Bridge (toll $2.00) and take
I-580 to US 101 North.  Continue on
US 101 North approximately 50 miles to the Mendocino/Old Redwood Highway
exit in Santa Rosa.  Turn right at the stoplight and immediately get into
the left lane.  The Fountaingrove Inn is the first building on the left.

DIRECTIONS FROM THE FOUNTAINGROVE INN TO THE AGILENT FACILITY

Take US 101 North approximately three miles to the Airport Blvd. exit.
Continue on Airport Blvd. as it crosses over the freeway (heading west) for
about one mile.  Agilent Technologies is located at 3850 Brickway Blvd.
which is at the corner of Airport Blvd. and Brickway Blvd.

SONOMA VALLEY

Located only 45 minutes north of San Francisco, Sonoma Valley is best known
for its award-winning wines and wineries. It is also home to numerous small
farms, fabulous wine country restaurants, unique historical sites and
attractions, beautiful scenery, wonderful shops and boutiques and a peaceful
and relaxed atmosphere.

For more information, visit the Sonoma County Visitor Bureau website at:
www.sonomavalley.com/2000/index.htm.

IEEEdirections1.doc