Serial PMD call today, 15 May

Today's meeting will build our new issue list following the successful
comment resolution process last week.

	15:15 GMT = 4:15 pm BST = 17:15 CET = 11:15 am EDT = 8:15 am PDT,
Tuesday (today)
	+1(816)650-0631  Access code 39209

Here is my preliminary list of topics raised for the serial ad hoc to work
on:

Review and refine 1310 serial risetime removal proposal.

850 nm risetime removal proposal - propose harder mask to represent faster
risetime.

Reconcile 1310 serial link attenuation: draft states or implies both 6.5 and
7 dB.

Review table values generally?

Review table values around stressed and nominal receive sensitivity and
receiver eye opening penalty.

Find out whether/why we need an optical return loss (ORL) specification as
ITU-T has, as well as a discrete reflectance specification, for the cable
plant.  This one needs input from cabling experts.

Tx maximum power and Rx overload, 1310 serial.

Work with Ben Brown's Test Pattern team with choosing test patterns.

Technical feasibility
	One item where demonstrated feasibility, soon, would be desirable is
in trying out the jitter test methodology.  Relates to test patterns but
does not depend on knowing the chosen patterns.

Piers