Re: [802.3_4PPOE] Diode mismatch values

Christian,

Thank you for this data.  We should get together in San Diego to discuss the data I took and this data, and figure out a way forward for these critical components.

The data does show something we noticed as well.  As the voltage/current goes up, the curves bend due to heating which causes the threshold to go down.  Given that the current simulations show very large current imbalance, this will cause the diodes with the most current to heat up, lower their threshold, and create even more imbalance.

I may be able to show simulations on how this will affect current imbalance in San Deigo

Regards,

Jeff Heath
Design Center Manager

paper: