[802.3_B10GAUTO] B10GAUTO ad hoc call Wednesday, October 9

Colleagues,

We need contributions to move our study group forward. As discussed in
Indianapolis, technical and economic feasibility presentations for our 25
Gb/s objective are needed. These are not baseline proposals, but examples of
techniques and technologies that we might eventually select in Task Force.

We have also discussed asymmetric operation. As mentioned before, we need to
be careful to differentiate asymmetric traffic (e.g. P802.3ch with Slow Wake
EEE) from asymmetrical rates (different bit times in Tx and Rx directions.)
We also need a rational for asymmetry. Is the real issue a perception that
asymmetry will provide a lower power/relative cost solution? We need
presentations that provide data, whatever position is taken.

For information on PAR, CSD and objectives, IEEE process and discussion of
cost in IEEE standards, see:
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/B10GAUTO/public/may19/index.html

Call-in information for B10GAUTO is stored in the P802.3ch private area.
Please contact me if you need the credentials. You will need to be
subscribed to the P802.3ch reflector and the B10GAUTO reflector.

Regards,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson
Chair, P802.3ch Multi-Gig Automotive Ethernet PHY Task Force
Chair, Beyond 10 Gb/s Automotive Electrical PHYs Study Group
Executive Secretary, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group
http://www.ieee802.org/3/index.html
President
High Speed Design, Inc.
Portland, OR