[802.3_B10GAUTO] Question Follow-up - IL limit to achieve 25Gbps over 11m

All,

As a follow-up on today’s question about the limit line if we want to achieve 25Gbps over 11 meters, it would depend on the modulation (line code) used. I have enclosed an example for the PAM-4 modulation similar to 802.3ch. In this particular example I chose to use about 3dB margin. With different modulation (line code) and different margin assumptions we will get slightly different insertion loss requirements. So what I have included in this email, should be considered an example. This is NOT a formal proposal for what the IL target should be.

Ragnar