Re: [802.3_ISAAC] suggestion on PHY objective

Thank you, Kamal - these are good edits and I would support them

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.
President & Principal
CME Consulting, Inc.
george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
310-920-3860

On Nov 15, 2023, at 6:52 AM, Kamal Dalmia <kamal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello all,

My input to the wording is as follows (highlighted in yellow).

  • Define performance characteristics of link segments suitable for use with automotive balanced-pair and automotive unbalanced coaxial cables supporting use of up to 2 inline connectors and up to at least 15m reach on at least one type of automotive cabling.

  • Define an electrical PHY to support up to 10 Gbps point-to-point operation in one direction and up to 100 Mb/s point-to-point operation in the other direction over the defined balanced-pair link segment.

  • Define an electrical PHY to support up to 10 Gbps point-to-point operation in one direction and up to 100 Mb/s point-to-point operation in the other direction over the defined unbalanced coaxial link segment.

This makes 2nd and 3rd bullet consistent with the 1st bullet.

Thanks

Kamal