[802.3_ISAAC] Reminder for our upcoming meeting on January 22-23.

Colleagues:

I wanted to cover the remaining items ISAAC needs to close on during the January interim meeting series and specify the requirements for holding the contingent interim meeting on Feb 7, 2024.  We have several open items that have had many presentations on them, however, I’m not sure we are closing in on consensus.  The main item is the reference to maximum data rate in the PAR scope, specifically whether we limit the PAR data rate at 10 Gbps or allow greater than 10 Gbps.  We have seen presentations on how to slice the data from the straw polls taken in November, but none of the polled choices would have succeeded in gaining consensus.

In order to progress to Task Force at the March meeting we need to resolve all conceptual issues with the draft PAR and CSDs in the January meeting.  The contingent interim meeting was intended to be focused on any remaining textual issues, if necessary.

If there are specific concerns with the text found in the posted draft CSDs and PAR form information, please be prepared to discuss those items in January during the interim meeting series.

https://www.ieee802.org/3/ISAAC/public/1123/802d3_ISAAC_CSD_111523.pdf

https://www.ieee802.org/3/ISAAC/public/1123/PAR_ISAAC_01a_111423.pdf

The contingent interim meeting currently scheduled for Feb 7, 2024, was put in place to finalize the documents for pre-circulation.  If consensus on CSDs and PAR form information isn’t achieved during the January interim meeting series, we will not hold the contingent interim meeting on Feb 7, 2024.

I look forward to seeing you all in St. Petersburg, FL, USA next week.

Cheers

Jon Lewis | Chair - IEEE 802.3 Ethernet for Automotive Sensors SG (ISAAC)