[802.3_NGBASET] NGEABT - website update, meeting recap and ad hoc announcement

Dear Colleagues,

The unapproved minutes have been posted to the January meeting page, and the allfiles.zip updated.

Please take a moment to review the minutes and alert me to any discrepancies.

Thank you all for a successful meeting!

The study group has approved its PAR, CSD and Objectives, and we intend to ask 802.3 to approve them in the March meeting.  We had 58 attendees, entertained 14 presentations, passed 13 technical motions, and chartered two ad hocs to keep the work rolling as we prepare for the next meeting.  Well done!

I have yet to coalesce the CSD and objectives into single files and post on the study group main page.

Ad hoc formation:
I am pleased to announce the formation of two ad hoc committees operating under the NGEABT Study Group.

The Use Case ad hoc, will be chaired by Chris DiMinico (MC Communications) and has the charter of defining use cases and deployment configurations for 2.5 and 5 Gb/s PHY operation in the enterprise environment.

The Impulse Noise and Use Case Analysis ad hoc, chaired by German Feyh (Broadcom), has the charter to recommend electrical specifications for the project based upon 1) analysis of enterprise noise sources (such as impulse noise) and 2) evaluation of the results of the Use Case ad hoc.

Thanks again,

Dave Chalupsky

Chair, IEEE 802.3 NGEABT Study Group