[802.3_SPEP2P] 802.3dg TCL and coupling attenuation

We are getting to the point in our work in 802.3dg where the level of impulse noise coupled to the cabling is probably one of the most important parameters that we need to determine for 100BASE-T1L PHY selections.  Ralf presented significantly better coupling attenuation and TCL than we had previously considered.  I believe this was with good SPE connector and perhaps no inliners, but they were about 20 dB better than what I recall from July.  This has me thinking that we would do well to sharpen our pencils on the coupling attenuation and TCL specifications. In my opinion, it would be helpful if cabling experts could bring measurements of expected cabling at gauges expected to be used (e.g., 16 to 18 AWG) with inliner connecting hardware expected to be found (e.g., spring/screw terminals)  in the expected application space.

It would be helpful to see measurements under these conditions, and to get the benefit of the input of cabling experts as contributions for the March meeting.

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx