[802.3_SPMD] guide to 10BASE-T1S vs. Clause 168

All – I received more than a few questions this week regarding the differences between the clause 168 phy spec and the clause 147 phy spec.  I believe that the clause 168 phy spec is better defined, with more specificity, and that a clause 168 phy would comply with clause 147 in multidrop mode (but not in the mandatory point-to-point half-duplex mode).  The mixing segment and MDI/TCI specs are different.  The state diagrams are different, because we have pared out the non-multidrop branches, and we have eliminated the heartbeat and link monitor functions.

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx