[802.3_SPMD] NOTE on 802d3da D1p2 review - cross references

Before we get a bunch of comments about cross-references not being active hyperlinks, I wanted to let you know that the editors are aware that there was a situation in the draft preparation that prevented the cross-references from being active hyperlinks.  We have isolated the issue, and will fix it ON THE NEXT REVIEW.

Rather than re-issue the draft and disrupt your review, in consultation with The Chad, we have decided to continue the review, and just ask you to ignore whether the cross reference is an active hyperlink.  Please do not comment on that issue.

You may, of course, feel free to comment on incorrect cross-references, cross references marked as external which are actually in the draft, or cross references which SHOULD be marked as external, but are not.  (I’ve already found examples of 2 out of these three).,

It will be most helpful if you can focus your review on TECHNICAL COMPLETENESS, and getting us proposals for the many remaining TBDs that are in the draft, plus things that are just plain missing (like filling in the registers we did last time, checking that we got them all, or filling in management for power in clause 30).  There will be plenty of time for descriptive text and editorial clean up in working group ballot…. (AND, we will have an external audience to read it which always helps such clarity)

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx