From: George Zimmerman <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, June 12, 2024 at 2:04
PM
To: STDS-802-3-SPMD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <STDS-802-3-SPMD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [802.3_SPMD] Update on deferred comment on 45.2.3.1.2

We deferred comment 216 on adding the reference to clause 168 to 45.2.3.1.2 to the draft.  Peter Jones mentioned he thought the comment had been accepted last time.  I took the action item to go back and research the status, here it is:

Comment 122 on d1p1 suggested adding a rewrite of 45.2.3.1.2 to the draft.  Unfortunately, the rewrite did not include 10BASE-T1M or 10BASE-T1S, and, in fact, would have not permitted PCS loopback currently specified for both in their PHY clauses.  The comment was withdrawn by the commenter.

The “v2” version of peter’s text file still contained the text for 45.2.3.1.2, but since the comment to add that had been specifically withdrawn, it was not implemented.  (note that the v2 version contained the same text, no mention of 10BASE-T1M).

Therefore, the text proposed in comment 216 (this round) to add 10BASE-T1M to 45.2.3.1.2, or something like it, is still needed.  Note that there needs to be maintenance to add 10BASE-T1S as well, unless the Chair considers that within scope (I think it arguably is, since the scope allows changes to clause 147 PHYs).

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx