Re: [BP] Wed August 4th Agenda: 802.3ap Channel Model Adhoc Conference Call

Title:
Bummer !!!!  I guess we'll hold back on the party until you can join :):).

Regarding below, we've shown data to support the lower BW.  I do have data to show that there is not a difference between 1 sample and 16 samples at 300hz IF BW.  My concern is what happens to the nulls between the two cases and what type of null can we consider irrelavent.  I was thinking a change of 20dB within 200Mhz to 300Mhz total span.

take care
-joel

Graeme Boyd wrote:
Joel

I can not make the meeting today, however would like to give my comments
on averaging.

One can have a low bandwidth with little or no averaging, or one can
have mid bandwidth and higher averaging. The problem with setting a low
bandwidth is analog distortion due to the small BW, whereas if one opens
up the BW a bit but increase the averaging (hence total time quite
similar) we have found that the reproducibility of the repeatably taking
the same measurement is better. The best values we have found is a BW of
1kHz and averaging set to 16.

Graeme