[BP] Discussion of Cost in IEEE Standards Committees

Title: Discussion of Cost in IEEE Standards Committees

IEEE P802.3ap Task Force Members,

There have been several minor infractions relating to the discussion of cost in IEEE Standards Committees.  I wanted to take a moment to offer a gentle reminder of this policy.

Discussions regarding "price" are to be avoided.  Discussion should be limited to "cost" in the context of cost/performance trade-offs and to that end, relative and not absolute costs should be stated.

This policy is available on the IEEE web page and should be reviewed and understood by all.

http://ieee802.org/3/cost_discussion.pdf

If there are any questions about this policy, please contact me or and IEEE 802.3 officer.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Adam Healey
Chair, IEEE P802.3ap Task Force