[802.3_NGEPON] draft contribution on PR30 downstream loss budget

All,

As I mentioned on yesterday’s call, here is a draft contribution on PR30 downstream loss budget.

To summarize: It starts with the ONU receiver sensitivity that we proposed yesterday.  We then include the TDP proposed by Sumitomo, 0.5 dB FEC improvement as discussed in San Antonio, and the EML minimum launch power and ER that resulted from our vendor questionnaire.  We find that we fall 0.5 dB short and propose to close that gap by one of two methods: (1) spend a little more downstream overhead for 0.5 dB more FEC improvement, or (2) ask for another 0.5 dB power from the OLT EML.

If you have feedback please provide and I will try to respond over the holiday period in the U.S.

Ed