[802.3_DWDM] Proposed revision of proposed response to comment #89 to draft D1.2 of P802.3ct

Dear colleagues,

As mentioned during yesterday’s ct call, there are some comments for which I want to propose a modified proposed response.

For comment #89 by Eric Maniloff I would like to propose to change the “proposed reject” to an “accept in principle” and change the proposed response to:

Create a Note in 154.8.15: In the case of an unamplified link the value of “OSNR(193.6) [unamplified]” is identical to the value of “Transmitter OSNR(193.6)”.  The associated channel loss will be determined by the value of “Minimum average input power [unamplified]”  resulting in a maximum reach of these applications to less than 80 km specified for amplified applications.

Create a Note in 154.8.13 “The value of “Minimum average input power [unamplified]” will determine the channel loss for unamplified applications, resulting in a maximum reach of these applications to less than 80 km specified for amplified applications.”

With editorial license.

Kind regards,

Peter Stassar

Editor Clause 154