[802.3_DWDM] Terminology Comments

All,

As anticipated the resolution of comments on nomenclature fostered a lot of discussion, and we did not resolve as many comments as we had hoped.

In the interest of trying to spur on conversation I am highlighting the key terms and related comments (see http://www.ieee802.org/3/ct/comments/D2P0/8023ct_D2p0_comments_final_so_far_July_2_by_ID.pdf).

We did address / resolve the comments on coherent.

There was discussion on the “black link” – and while we made progress on the definition of “black link” there was additional conversation about black link as a link or approach that will need additional consideration.

As shown in Table above, we also need to resolve terminology on WDM, DWDM, DWDM System, SOP, IFEC, and ZR PHY.  Please see the noted comments above.

Regards

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3ct Task Force